While we all hope it doesn’t happen, every homeowner will eventually have to face slow-moving, clogged drains. When a clog occurs, most people turn to commercially available drain cleaners as a quick and cost-effective solution. These products, as well as various home remedies to unclog a drain, rarely work as intended—and in many cases, they can even be dangerous. We’ll explain the risks of DIY drain cleaning below.
Drain Cleaning Liquids: They Do More Harm Than Good
Although liquid drain clog removers seem like a fast fix, they can cause more problems than they solve. These products contain caustic chemicals that may weaken pipes and make them more susceptible to cracks, leaks, and damage. Unfortunately, the problems don’t end there.
Commercial drain clog removers can also be very bad for your family’s health. They’re toxic when ingested or inhaled, and they can burn eyes and skin with the slightest contact. The fumes may explode when these products are misused, and the liquid itself can eat through clothing and other materials. Instead of relying on these dangerous and ineffective chemicals, call us for professional drain cleaning in Jupiter.
Clogs Have More Than One Cause
No matter how handy they are, it’s nearly impossible for the average homeowner to tell what’s going on inside their plumbing system. While a blockage may seem minor, it may point to numerous other issues within the pipes—and the only real way to get to the bottom of the problem is to call a drain cleaning plumber in Jupiter, FL.
At Home Choice Plumbing, we use special equipment and advanced techniques to get a look inside your pipes. With our high-definition cameras, our drain cleaning company will get the visual information needed to find fast, reliable, and long-lasting solutions such as drain snaking.
DIY Projects Usually Take Longer Than Expected
If you lack the knowledge, experience, or skill to perform emergency drain cleaning, it may take hours or even days to find and fix a problem. Homeowners often waste their time and money on equipment rentals and purchases, only to find out that the scope of the problem exceeds their expertise.
A drain cleaning plumber in Jupiter, FL can find, fix, and clear blockages quickly and safely. With video inspections, water jetting, drain snaking, and other techniques, we will remove clogs fast, which helps you save time, money, and effort. Call now for more information on our drain cleaning services.
It’s Easier to Prevent Clogs Than Remove Them
The most effective way to reduce the need for drain repair and handle clogs is to keep them from happening to begin with. To minimize the risk of clogs, schedule regular drain maintenance and use the home’s drains properly. To keep your plumbing safe and avoid the need for sudden searches on “how to unclog a drain”, don’t put the following materials down the drain or flush them down the toilet.
- Fibrous or stringy foods. Dispose of orange peels, corn husks, pea pods, and celery in the trash can or a compost heap.
- Oils, fats, and grease. Pour these materials into a glass jar or a disposable container that can stand up to the heat without leaking. Once the grease solidifies, throw the container away.
- Eggshells. Although garbage disposals can easily break them up, fragments may stick to the insides of pipes and create bothersome clogs.
- Starchy foods. Potatoes, rice, bread, and pasta all expand when they’re wet, which means they can clog drains.
- Bones. Even when the home’s garbage disposal can break up bones, small pieces may remain within the pipes and gather to create drain clogs.
- Coffee grounds. They don’t break down, and they’ll gradually clump together.
- Feminine hygiene products. Instead of flushing, throw them in the bathroom trash can to protect your home’s plumbing.
- Paper towels and napkins. Only toilet tissue should be flushed.
- Wet wipes and baby wipes. Even if it says it’s flushable, it probably isn’t!
- Hair. Everyone loses hair as they bathe. To keep it from creating drain clogs, use a stopper that catches it before it’s washed away.
While we hope you don’t put these items down the drain, we’re here to help when accidents happen. Call, click, or email us to schedule drain maintenance, drain repair, or emergency drain cleaning services.
Call Us for Drain Cleaning in Jupiter, FL
If you have tried DIY fixes and your drains still won’t clear normally, the problem may be too big for you to handle. When there’s a stubborn clogged drain, the team at Home Choice Plumbing can remove it quickly, safely, and easily. No clog is too small or too big for us to eliminate! To schedule professional drain cleaning services in Jupiter, contact us online or call our drain cleaning company today.