Expert Plumbing Services in Jupiter, Florida
There are several signs that indicate your water heater may need to be replaced. Here are some common signs to look out for:
- Age of the water heater: The typical lifespan of a water heater is around 8 to 12 years. If your water heater is approaching or exceeding this age range, it may be more prone to issues and could be nearing the end of its useful life.
- Lack of hot water: If you’re experiencing a consistent decrease in the amount of hot water or if the hot water runs out quickly, it could be a sign that your water heater is no longer functioning efficiently.
- Rusty or discolored water: If you notice rusty or discolored water coming from your hot water taps, it could indicate corrosion inside the water heater tank. This is a clear sign that the tank is deteriorating and may need to be replaced.
- Leaks or pooling water: Any visible leaks around the water heater or pooling water near the unit should be taken seriously. Leaks can indicate internal tank damage or failure, and it’s crucial to address this issue promptly to prevent further damage.
- Strange noises: If you hear rumbling, popping, or banging sounds coming from the water heater, it may indicate sediment buildup or other issues within the tank. Excessive noise can be a sign of impending failure.
- Higher energy bills: If you notice a significant increase in your energy bills without any other explanation, it could be due to an inefficient water heater. Older units may lose their energy efficiency over time, resulting in higher operating costs.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s recommended to have your water heater inspected by a professional plumber. They can assess the condition of your water heater and provide guidance on whether repair or replacement is the best course of action.
Contact Home Choice Plumbing at 561-531-2366 to schedule a water heater inspection or replacement in Jupiter, FL, Palm Beach County, and Martin County.