Expert Plumbing Services in Jupiter, Florida
Adjusting the temperature on your water heater is relatively simple. Here’s how you can do it:
Electric Water Heater
For an electric water heater:
- Locate the temperature control panel on the side of the water heater tank.
- Use a screwdriver or an appropriate tool to remove the cover.
- Inside, you will find the temperature control dial or thermostat. Adjust the dial to your desired temperature setting.
- Remember, turning the dial clockwise will increase the temperature, while turning it counterclockwise will decrease the temperature.
- Replace the cover once you have made the adjustment.
Gas Water Heater
For a gas water heater:
- Locate the gas control valve on the front of the water heater.
- Open the access panel to reveal the temperature adjustment dial.
- Use a flathead screwdriver or an appropriate tool to adjust the temperature setting.
- Similar to an electric water heater, turning the dial clockwise will increase the temperature, and counterclockwise will decrease it.
- Once you have made the adjustment, securely close the access panel.
It’s important to note that the recommended temperature setting for most households is around 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49 degrees Celsius). This temperature provides hot water for daily needs while reducing the risk of scalding and minimizing energy consumption. However, you can adjust the temperature based on your specific preferences and needs.
Keep in mind that adjusting the temperature may require some time for the changes to take effect. Test the water temperature at a faucet after a few hours to ensure it has reached the desired level. If you’re uncertain or uncomfortable adjusting the temperature yourself, consult the manufacturer’s instructions or seek the assistance of a professional plumber.
Contact Home Choice Plumbing at 561-531-2366 for professional water heater services, including temperature adjustments, in Jupiter, FL, Palm Beach County, and Martin County.